Donnerstag, 8. März 2012

[Lieblingszitate/Favorite Quotes] Rebecca

Die Rezension zu Rebecca findet ihr hier.
"I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of the first love. For it is a fever, and a burden, too, whatever the poets may say. They are not brave, the days when we are twenty-one."

"Don´t be angry at me anymore", I whispered.
"He took my facee in his hands, and looked down at me with his tired, strained eyes. "I´m not angry with you.", he said.
"Yes," I said. "I´ve made you unhappy. It´s the same as making you angry. You´re all wounded and hurt and torn inside. I can´t bear to see you like this. I love you so much."
"Do you?" he said. "Do you?" He held me very tight, and his eyes questioned me, dark and uncertain, the eyes of a child in pain, a child in fear.

"Would we never be together, he a man and I a woman, standing shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand, with no guilt between us? I did not want to be a child. I wanted to be his wife, his mother. I wanted to be old."

"Please promise me never to wear black satin or pearls... or to be 36 years old."


"The roses were hers and i cut them. Did she resent me and fear me as I resented her? I could fight the living but I could not fight the dead. If there was some woman in London that Maxim loved, someone he wrote to, visited, dined with, slept with, I could fight with her. We would stand on common ground. I should not be afraid. Anger and jealousy were things that could be conquered. One day the woman would grow old or tired or different, and Maxim would not love her any more. But Rebecca would never grow old. Rebecca would always be the same. And her I could not fight. She was too strong for me."


"No, it's not too late. You're not to say that. I love you more than anything in the world. Oh, please Maxim, kiss me please." "No, it's no use. It's too late."

"I'm asking you to marry me, you little fool."



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...